Also last week we had the opportunity to try out Toby Keith's I love this Bar and Grill before it opened this week. This was a fun experience because everyone in the office was able to take up to 7 guest to try out the food and service. This opportunity allowed the workers to become prepared for the restaurant opening, and quite frankly our event! I went for lunch on Friday at noon with 6 of my sorority sisters. We were able to order an appetizer for the table, each order a burger, wrap, sandwich or salad, then order the desert. We started with the cheese fries, nothing great but they weren't bad. Everyone enjoyed their main course, I had the very tasty Oklahoma BBQ Beef. For desert I got an ordered of deep fried Twinkies to go while the girls sampled each of the 4 deserts on the menu (deep fried Twinkies, brownie, pecan pie, and apple cobbler.) The Twinkies were not that bad, my boss and I tried them when got the office :) Overall the 7 of us truly enjoyed our time and everything ran smoothly except for a few mess ups on account of our server. Unfortunately everyone else in the office did not have a good experience throughout their trials this past weekend. There are mixed opinions on the venue now and we just hope they have everything ready and in order for our event next Wednesday! The soft opening was a unique chance for everyone to experience the new venue, this way I can better assist the guest who come in with questions about the restaurant. I would like to go back in a few weeks when hopefully they get the last few bugs out of their system. I would recommend it so go check it out! Toby Keith's I love this Bar and Grill in Mesa Riverview, live music Thursday- Sat starting at 8pm and an 80 ft guitar bar.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Getting ready for the celebration....
Well things are fast approaching for our 25th Anniversary Party, which will be next week on the 22nd. This past week we have been busy bees getting everything finalized for the event. Our biggest concern is ticket sales. Currently we have about 90 tickets sold; we were hoping close to 200 sold. To help generate ticket sales and remind everyone of the event the sales team worked with the PR department in calling the 685 names on our invite list. I divide the names to be about 80 a person for 8 people. We had a color coded system to apply on our excel sheets while going through the calling process. I have reiterated to myself why I do not see myself going specifically into sales; I despise cold calling. It was tough calling up 80 individuals and asking them to spend $35 to support us during such a hard time. Although it was comforting to me that everyone was uncomfortable making the calls as well. It did pay off in the end and it did remind us that making the calls is important to succeed, but I am still not a fan.
Also last week we had the opportunity to try out Toby Keith's I love this Bar and Grill before it opened this week. This was a fun experience because everyone in the office was able to take up to 7 guest to try out the food and service. This opportunity allowed the workers to become prepared for the restaurant opening, and quite frankly our event! I went for lunch on Friday at noon with 6 of my sorority sisters. We were able to order an appetizer for the table, each order a burger, wrap, sandwich or salad, then order the desert. We started with the cheese fries, nothing great but they weren't bad. Everyone enjoyed their main course, I had the very tasty Oklahoma BBQ Beef. For desert I got an ordered of deep fried Twinkies to go while the girls sampled each of the 4 deserts on the menu (deep fried Twinkies, brownie, pecan pie, and apple cobbler.) The Twinkies were not that bad, my boss and I tried them when got the office :) Overall the 7 of us truly enjoyed our time and everything ran smoothly except for a few mess ups on account of our server. Unfortunately everyone else in the office did not have a good experience throughout their trials this past weekend. There are mixed opinions on the venue now and we just hope they have everything ready and in order for our event next Wednesday! The soft opening was a unique chance for everyone to experience the new venue, this way I can better assist the guest who come in with questions about the restaurant. I would like to go back in a few weeks when hopefully they get the last few bugs out of their system. I would recommend it so go check it out! Toby Keith's I love this Bar and Grill in Mesa Riverview, live music Thursday- Sat starting at 8pm and an 80 ft guitar bar.
Also last week we had the opportunity to try out Toby Keith's I love this Bar and Grill before it opened this week. This was a fun experience because everyone in the office was able to take up to 7 guest to try out the food and service. This opportunity allowed the workers to become prepared for the restaurant opening, and quite frankly our event! I went for lunch on Friday at noon with 6 of my sorority sisters. We were able to order an appetizer for the table, each order a burger, wrap, sandwich or salad, then order the desert. We started with the cheese fries, nothing great but they weren't bad. Everyone enjoyed their main course, I had the very tasty Oklahoma BBQ Beef. For desert I got an ordered of deep fried Twinkies to go while the girls sampled each of the 4 deserts on the menu (deep fried Twinkies, brownie, pecan pie, and apple cobbler.) The Twinkies were not that bad, my boss and I tried them when got the office :) Overall the 7 of us truly enjoyed our time and everything ran smoothly except for a few mess ups on account of our server. Unfortunately everyone else in the office did not have a good experience throughout their trials this past weekend. There are mixed opinions on the venue now and we just hope they have everything ready and in order for our event next Wednesday! The soft opening was a unique chance for everyone to experience the new venue, this way I can better assist the guest who come in with questions about the restaurant. I would like to go back in a few weeks when hopefully they get the last few bugs out of their system. I would recommend it so go check it out! Toby Keith's I love this Bar and Grill in Mesa Riverview, live music Thursday- Sat starting at 8pm and an 80 ft guitar bar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it's pretty cool that they chose Mesa for their 4th ever location. I hope your event runs smoothly, I am sure they are nervous about their first large event.
ReplyDelete